Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Can I programatically open and close a Slide Menu in a Master Page? Options
Richard Akers
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:39:46 PM
Groups: Member

Hi there! I've been using the EO Objects for several months now, and I'm quite happy with them. I have recently run into a problem that I can't figure out, so I thought i would go to the source and ask for help directly. I have a master page in ASP.Net that contains my EO slide menu. When a user selects an item from the slide menu, it takes them to another page, as you might expect. That other page also builds from the same master page. However, when the second page loads, the slide menu resets itself to have all menus collapsed. Our client would like the menu to stay open, so the user knows what section of the navigation they were looking in when they clicked the link on the first page. Is this possible? Is there some sort of save state variable we can set for the menu, or will I have to go in to each page and programatically open the proper menus? If that is the case, is that a C# thing or an Javascript thing?

Thanks, and I hope you can help me :)
Rich
Richard Akers
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:44:01 PM
Groups: Member

nevermind, I'm an idiot... I found the SaveStateCrossPages setting just after I submitted this post. That's what I get for skimming the documentation ;)

thanks,
Rich
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:44:12 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Richard,

Glad to hear that you like our product!

Our slide menu has built-in support for that. You might want to take a look of these two properties:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.BaseNavigator.AutoSelectSource.html

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.BaseNavigator.SaveStateCrossPages.html

You can use either option but make sure not using both at the same time.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:38:11 PM
Groups: Administration

Richard Akers wrote:
nevermind, I'm an idiot... I found the SaveStateCrossPages setting just after I submitted this post. That's what I get for skimming the documentation ;)

thanks,
Rich

Thanks for the update. Glad you found it!