Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

SlideMenu Horizontal Options
vickuaeh
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 1:06:36 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,.
I have a problem with slide menu, by default it's setting to work in vertical mode, but I need it horizontal and it doesn't work, I have tried to change the orientation property but I only see a fine line.

What I really need is a normal horizontal menu and must contain vertical options, that they must be collapsed like slide menu options, I have tried to use custom item to insert slide menu on a normal menu, but it does not work correctly.

Please can you give me an advance Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 1:23:15 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Unfortunately our slide menu won't work that way. TreeView works with CustomItem though, so you might want to give that a try.

Thanks
vickuaeh
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 2:24:12 PM

OK thanks.

I have other question, I'm working with other software called arcgis server 9.2 from ESRI. it software is about maps, and we update this kind of controls using asp callbacks with framework 2.0. I have add a gridview inside a calllbackpanel and 2 slidemenu inside other callback panel and have built the items of the slidemenus with a property OnClickScript this rise an event to update my esri'controls because how I said before they are update using callbacks, the problem happens when i try to update my esri's controls the second time, because the eo controls said that the viewstate information is corruped.

if I quiet the property persistviewstate of the slidemenu my esri's controls are update fine and the mistake is not present, but my slidemenus and the grid are not update.

the solution for now that I'm using is not to use callback panel, the problem are the postbacks

I'm think that the problem could be that when update my esri's control with callbacks of asp maybe they not keep the view state of all other controls.

so my question is if can I still work with callbackpanel to update other callbackpanel and the controls inside they, using the property persistviewstate of slidemenu to false.

That's all Thanks for your soon anwers

eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 2:36:08 PM

Hi,

I am not too clear about whether you are using our CallbackPanel or ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel. If you use our CallbackPanel, always try to upgrade to latest version first. We've fixed various problems on our CallbackPanel control over the time, so getting the latest may just solve the problem for you.

For our CallbackPanel, PersistViewState should always be turned on. If it causes an error when it is on, then either there is a problem with the control or a problem elsewhere with the code, that problem would need to be addressed. Turning PersistViewState to off can cause much more problems than having it on.

Another thing you can try is to find out which control failed to load view state. In that case you can just turn that control's EnableViewState to false. For example, if the problem is the SlideMenu, just set the SlideMenu's EnableViewState to false and declare the slide menu statically or repopulate the slide menu every time. That should get you around the problem.

Thanks
vickuaeh
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 3:02:32 PM

OK thanks again
I'm using the eo panel callback to update a gridview and slidemenu and I'm implementing asp callback with java script and so I'm not using updatepanel.

Other Question, is posible update slidemenu using callbacks of asp, javascript, raisecallback event and getcallbackresult and all that , if I don't want to use eo callbackpanel, if so, what are the javascript funcions to process the result in the client to render your controls.

bye.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 3:06:05 PM

vickuaeh wrote:
Other Question, is posible update slidemenu using callbacks of asp, javascript, raisecallback event and getcallbackresult and all that , if I don't want to use eo callbackpanel, if so, what are the javascript funcions to process the result in the client to render your controls.

bye.

I do not quite understand what you are asking about. Please refer to the documentation to find out what can be done with our CallbackPanel control:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=Callback%2foverview.html

Thanks