Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Error on line 1 at column 2: StartTag: invalid element name Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error. Options
macx
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 10:29:10 PM
Groups: Member

Error: Error on line 1 at column 2: StartTag: invalid element name Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Hi, I am evaluating the product of essentials, so far, I was very excited; however, almost ready to export the final pdf of my project, I encounter this error, which has caused me a headache.

I explain my problem:

1 I installed the product, and in my tests successfully achieving export any url that has an html extension.

2 My goal is to export a url with aspx extension. However, attempting to do so by the same method (HtmlToPdf.ConvertUrl) sends me the error mentioned in this post.

3 This is strange. I insert the url in aspx extension in the web http://www.essentialobjects.com/Products/EOPdf/UrlToPdf.aspx and exported successfully.

4 Could someone help me identify what the problem ?. My server is IIS 7, I am developing in asp 4.0 with vb, the method I need to use export is ConvertUrl.

5 We want to buy the product but do not know if it will work. any suggestions?

Thank you very much.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:30:38 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This problem doesn't have anything to do our product. It has to do with your IIS. Basically your IIS is not calling ASP.NET to parse .ASPX files as it should. You can Google the error message and you should be able to find plenty of information about this error.

Thanks!