Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAXUploader only creates a .status file Options
dmacchia
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:07:47 PM
Groups: Member

Hi. When I select the file to upload (only 3.8 MB), the progress bar never starts but a .status file is created in the TempFileLocation folder. I watch the status bar on the bottom of the browser and its waiting for the eo_web.ashx page to do its work, but then everything stops. The progress bar never started, nor were the .data and .info files created.

I think the next issue is because of the first issue, but I then click the Upload button and I then get the error: 'firstChild' is null or not an object. It seems as if there is no file to upload.

This is a hard one for me to debug because it works great when I run the procedure on my local dev box, but after I upload the page to the web server, it causes this error and I am unable to debug it.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
David
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:16:00 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Try a simple uploader in a blank page and see if that works. If that doesn't, put it in your server and give us the Url, we will take a look and see what we can find.

Thanks
dmacchia
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2007 2:35:48 PM
Groups: Member

The page is within a secured, members-only area. I'll have to give you access somehow...

Meanwhile, I created a blank page with only the uploader in it and the same thing happens (no .data and .info files). This is all happening on a new server that I moved the site to, and it worked fine on the old server. Could this be a license issue?

Regards,
David
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2007 4:12:35 PM
Groups: Administration

No. It's never a license issue. Other thant that we do not know what it can be....It will be much easier if you can open up the server to us to take a look.