Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

TextBoxColumn formatting and focus Options
patingamon
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:09:29 AM
Groups: Member

When I click on a TextBoxColumn, it changes mode into an TextBox, but I have to click again to edit the data. This does not occur with the MaskEditColumn.

Also, the formatting for the column goes away when it goes into edit mode. I have the DataFormat set up as {0:N} for my floats. It displays correctly ("0.00" or "3.00") but when I click on the cell, it either becomes blank for "0.00" or removes the trailing 0's ("3.00" becomes "3")
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:20:51 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We are aware of the first issue and is still looking for a solution. As for the second one, we are hesitated about whether to apply the format or not while editing. The reason is there is no equivalent "reverse parsing" for every formating. For example, if the format is set up as ABC{0:N} and the DataType is "Number", we can easily format the number value into ABC0.00 when user enters the edit mode, however if the user then change the text to "ABC1.23", it becomes almost impossible (or at least unpractical) to convert the value back to number "1.23" and also validate the format at the same time. Thus DataFormat is currently ignored in editing mode.

Thanks