Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

License Troubles Options
Dynamic Web
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:06:53 PM
Groups: Member

I just purchased an EO.Web Controls Corporate License (2007.1) in October. Now I understand that the latest version, which I have installed, is a new version number (2007.2). I am trying to use your "upgrade coupon" system but it only wants to let me have any discount at all if I buy $500 worth of software from you. I only need one license, and the package that contains everything only costs $349. Are you telling me that I have to either pay full price for the new version or buy a second (throw-away) license to get my order total high enough? Isn't there a way I can simply get 70% off of the new version? Why should the minimum order be higher than the cost of the most expensive product?
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 7:40:15 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

In order to use the upgrade coupon, the new purchase total must be at least the same as the old one. This has not been an issue with the old ordering system because you wouldn't have been able to upgrade from a corporate license to a developer license anyway(since you can not "upgrade" from a higher license to a lower license). The new system simplifies the upgrade process and relaxed that part, but the ordering total requirement is still in place. In your case, the most expensive product is not a single developer license. If we were to offer a 2007.2 corporate license, it would be more expensive than 2 developer license you are seeing now. With the new version, we tried to simply the license structure and continue to offer the best price for our customers and unfortunately we haven’t found a better way other than the upgrade total requirement yet. :(

Thanks
Dynamic Web
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 7:53:08 PM
Groups: Member

Clearly we need to do what makes sense here. I know you don't want to punish people who bought corporate licenses by withholding a discount that you grant to people who bought a less expensive license. That would be wrong. And it's ok if we don't use the online system since it obviously has technical limitations. If you would, please email me the name/number of a manager with whom I can discuss this situation, and I will call Monday. I am confident we can reach a solution that is fair and satisfactory.

Regards,
Bobby Goodwin
Dynamic Web
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:04:40 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Bobby,

No. Obviously we do not want to punish people who bought more expensive corporate license, it does not make any sense at all. This issue has already been brought to us a while ago. We are working on both our website as well as an end user license manager that would both better manage and enforce multiple developer licenses on one order. I imagining it would include something like "converting one corporate license to unlimited developer license" or something similar (there is obviously no guarantee at this point). I believe once that becomes clear, we should be able to work around the issue for you from there.

Thanks