Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

SaveStateCrossPages in Treeview Options
Adeel Aslam
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 9:35:41 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I am using "SaveStateCrossPages=true" and "StateCookieName=treecookie" properties to save the state of the selected node in treeview. Do I have to use RaiseServerEvent=true to make this work. Here is scenario:

1. First time I select a node in a tree and select an option from context menu and go to a different page. come back to the treeview page and nothing is selected.
2. Again I select some other node in a tree and select an option from context menu and go to a different page. come back to the tree view and now the node I selected first time is selected.

Now on every time I do step 2, node that I selected in first step is selected.

Thanks,
Adeel
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 9:47:42 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The feature only works when you leave the TreeView via NavigateUrl, in another word, the state is only saved when the TreeView navigates you away to another page, so if you use a context menu, it won't work. Nevertheless, your scenario makes perfect sense, so we will look into it and see whether we can address the situation. Most likely we will expose the function that saves the state information so that you can call it manually if necessary.

Thanks