Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Slidemenu control - few issues Options
PSergei
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 2:14:52 PM
Groups: Member

1. I'vу tried to use SaveStateCrossPages feature, but it is not working as expected. For example, I expand a group, refresh the page - a group appears collapsed. I refresh page again - group is expanded. (I just added SaveStateCrossPages="True" StateCookieName="test" attributes to the "Windows XP Blue" sample).

2. State save doesn't work at all when I'm navigating to "Windows XP Blue" sample via the tree, but 'works' when I'm using direct URL.

3. I have SlideMenu control nested in another SlideMenu's CustomItem. I never was able to handler client-side expand/collapse events for inner slide menu, however hanlers works fine for outer SlideMenu.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 3:18:34 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. SaveStateCrossPage only works when you use the slide menu (or other navigation controls, for example, a TreeView) to navigate to another page through its NavigateUrl property. It does not save state information on any other scenario because of performance considerations. We are considering exposing the client side function that saves state information so that you can explicitly call it when needed.

We verified the nesting slide menu situation with build 2007.2.16 (5.0.16) and it works fine. Our steps are:

1. Drag a SlideMenu and a CustomItem into the page, then drag a second slide menu into the CustomItem;
2. Initialize both slide menu with "Style2" template;
3. Set SlideMenu1 -> Category 1 -> Child Item 1 -> CustomItemID to "CustomItem1";
4. Set SlideMenu2's ClientSideOnGroupExpand and ClientSideOnGroupCollapse to "expand" and "collapse";
5. Add two JavaScript function into the page with the name "expand" and "collapse";

Run the page and expand and collapse are called correctly. Please try the same steps and let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks