Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

[EO.WebBrowser] Session Reset Options
creality
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:56:20 AM
Groups: Member

For some projects, I need reset the session of the user, basically the "Client certificate".

In actual 2014 version, I have to close all webviews (I call Runtime.Shutdown()), but it not a good option for me.

In your tabbedbrowser sample(little modified to handler client certificates), if i load in a tab a page that needs client certificate, and loads the same page with new tab, the page loads with the other tab certificate. Same session for same exe. It is correct way to work.

The perfect "solution" for me is a method that "reset" or "clean" the session or client certificate, so if I "reload" one of the tabs, the NeedClientCertificate throws and i choose other certificate. If I reload the other tab, it has the new certificate.

Other valid solution(less than previous) is the possibly to have a "encapsulated" webview. When i create the webview, i can choose to use the same "session" that the rest or a new session, so this new encapsulated webview an only this have the new client certificate.

I dont know what solution is possible(or both) or what is better for other users.

Thanks. You are doing a great work.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:14:40 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have a planed feature that is somewhat close to your second option. We will have an "Engine" object that you can instantiate explicitly. When you create a WebView, you can attach the WebView explicitly to a specific "Engine". An "Engine" isolates everything: cookies, caches, authentication sessions, etc. A typical usage of a separate Engine object is to implement incognito mode. However since it isolates everything including cookies and cache, so it may not be suitable for you.

Thanks!
creality
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:33:28 PM

Thanks for fast reply.

I see testing the internal beta the new Engine object with a Init method, but not understand. Now I know it hehe.

While engine isolates my principal problem, certificates, it may suitable for me. Its logical that if isolates session, everything is isolated(including cookies and cache), no problem in that.

Maybe in the future some type of my first option possible.

Thanks for your work.
creality
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2015 5:44:43 AM

Is the planed "Isolated Engine" feature o something related to this in the new 2015 version?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2015 11:22:31 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This is NOT implemented in the initial build yet (the initial build did make the necessary internal changes to make this possible). However it is our plan to implement this in 2015. So it will be added later.

Thanks!
creality
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 2:48:02 AM

Thanks!