Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

I'm Looking at your product Options
Joel
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 11:11:44 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,
I maintain a small website for our fire department (Bloomington Township Fire Department, Bloomington, IN - www.btfire.org) and would like to incorporate a calendar into our web site that our guys can post their days off on.

I think your editable calendar will work. I have no experience with ASP.net and it took me a long time to learn enough HTML to put together our site.

I have some questions about the calendar product:
1. Can I use it with our HTML based site?
2. Can I link to it with a standard hyperlink?
3. Does it retain the information between visits to the web site?
3. Can I get help deploying it to our site?

Thanks in advance
Bloomington Township Fire Department
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 11:46:04 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Joel,

Thanks for posting your questions here. As for your question:

1. Can I use it with our HTML based site?

Our controls are for ASP.NET. So:
a. Your server must support ASP.NET;
b. Your web site must be an ASP.NET application;
c. The control must be sitting inside an .aspx page instead of an .html page;

Having that said, converting an HTML page into .aspx page is fairly easy --- sometimes can be as easy as rename file extension. You should be able to find plenty of resources on how to do that online.

2. Can I link to it with a standard hyperlink?

Yes. You can use a standard hyperlink to display our Calendar/DatePicker control. You will need to be able to work with some basic JavaScript in order to use this feature. See here for an example:
http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Calendar\_i1\_i5

3. Does it retain the information between visits to the web site?
Yes. It saves information in ASP.NET ViewState. So obviously you will need to have that working first (it's enabled by default);

4. Can I get help deploying it to our site?

We expect you to have some basic ASP.NET knowledge. In another word, if you have problem with deploying with just standard ASP.NET stuff from MS and without using our product, it would be mostly likely a generic ASP.NET deploying problem. In that case we don't mind to give you a few pointers so that you know where to look, but obviously we do not have the resource to troubleshoot such problems step by step for everybody who uses ASP.NET.

We would be happy to help if your existing ASP.NET application has been working fine and you encountered some problems after adding our controls (for example, license problems, version problems),

Thanks
Joel
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 1:11:03 PM

Thanks for the quick reply - I guess I need to look into having the server (we host our own stuff here) handle the ASP.NET support, before moving on. I'll get back to you, but it sounds like this calendar is just what were looking for.
Joel
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 1:22:40 PM

Ok, After some further investigation I have found that our server will support ASP.NET so expect an order from us.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 1:37:21 PM

Cool. Thanks for the update. Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.
Joel
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 1:42:23 PM

Well here's another question - I see where I can purchase the Calendar for $149.00 but the discription doesn't include the editable calendar. How can I purchase the editable calendar?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 1:50:15 PM

Hi,

Do you mean something like this editable calendar?

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Calendar\_i2\editable_scheduler

That is just one of the ways to use our Calendar control, not a separate control. So it's still the Calendar. :)

Thanks
Joel
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 2:59:11 PM

Yes it's the editable scheduler that I want. I'm working with MS Visual web developer (trying to learn ASP.Net) can the pages be copied into a web that I have started in visual web?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 3:11:42 PM

Hi,

Yes. But make sure you understand the code before copying it. Editable scheduler is actually one of the advanced samples, so you will need to spend some time to get familiar with the basic first --- first ASP.NET basics, then try play with our Calendar/DatePicker controls in a "normal" way. Otherwise you will likely get yourself into endless trouble and obviously we don't have the resource to help you learning basic ASP.NET programming.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 3:40:56 PM

Joel wrote:
Yes it's the editable scheduler that I want. I'm working with MS Visual web developer (trying to learn ASP.Net) can the pages be copied into a web that I have started in visual web?

One more note. I believe the editable scheduler sample also uses our CallbackPanel control to avoid full page reload. You will need to take that part out (and change some JavaScript accordingly) if you do not plan to purchase the CallbackPanel control (or the full Suite).

Thanks
Joel
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 4:24:27 PM

OK... thanks for the help