Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Element 'Menu' is not a known element. Options
Duane Stockert
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:57:08 AM
Groups: Member

The full message is:
Element 'Menu' is not a know element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.

Going from a Desktop computer where I don't get the message to a laptop where the message comes up. Went through the process of loading EOWeb_2007_1 on the laptop per install instructions.

Can anyone help?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 11:32:53 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The error is mostly caused by the version you have installed on your computer does not match the version of the EO.Web.dll that your project references. The installer never changes the version of the DLL that your project reference. So please check that first.

If the first step reveals that it is a version mismatch, you can either reinstall the version that your project is using or modify your project to reference the currently installed version. To change the version your project currently reference, go to solution view and delete EO.Web.dll either from your "bin" or "reference" folder and then re add it. Make sure you delete any .refresh files in your project's bin folder before doing so.

If the version does not appear to be the problem, it may have to do with security settings. Make sure the project is a local project (not on a network drive), or following instructions outlined here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=InstallationAndDeployment%2ffor_vs2005.html

Thanks
Duane Stockert
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 3:26:18 PM
Groups: Member

I have checked the versions and everything matches. I don't get the error on a local project but I do get the error on a network drive.

I followed the instruction link below for a network drive without any results.

What else could it be?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 3:35:49 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

It's the network drive. A remote project is known to cause this problem due to .NET does not grant remote DLL full permissions. Adding the DLL into GAC and reference the GACed version instead of the DLL in your bin folder as outlined in the document would fix the issue for you in theory and has been confirmed both in our test environment and by other users. However if that does not work for you, then I do not see other alternatives except for moving the project to your local drive.

Thanks