Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Javascript call causing an error Options
Michael
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 1:08:21 PM
Groups: Member

in your example to move to the next tab, tihs example is given: var tabStrip = eo_GetObject('<%=TabStrip1.ClientID%>');

I keep getting an error and when i test the results of [eo_GetObject('<%=TabStrip1.ClientID%>');
] i get a 'null'. My first thought is the eo_GetObject is doing a callback to the get client name and then turning it into an object. but i cannot find that script anywhere to confirm that. I can create my own callback and continue but would prefer the program worked the way it was designed. any help would be appreciated. I like the production very much so far.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 1:15:19 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Mechael,

eo_GetObject has nothing to do with callback. All objects are client side objects so it's maintained on the client side and acquiring the object never goes back to the server side. The name is directly provided by "TabStrip1.ClientID", so that has nothing to do with callback either. When eo_GetObject returns null, it only means the object does not exist on the client side. This is possible if you have the object in the page but its Visible is set to false.

Thanks