Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Webpack source maps don't show up when using remote debugging Options
asbolton
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 3:22:51 PM
Groups: Member

I have an Angular 2 project that is being hosted inside an eoWebBrowser WebView. It works great but when using remote debugging the webpack source maps don't show up. They do, however, show up when running the application outside of the WebView.

Running website normally:

Running website in WebView with remote debugging:

I'm not sure if there's a mistake on my end or if it's even an eoWebBrowser problem in general, but is there anything that comes to mind as to why these wouldn't be available when doing remote debugging?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 1:39:08 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We have tested this with the latest build (2017.1.76.0 from our download page) and it seems to work fine. We tested it with the following steps:

1. Download and install the above build;
2. Run TabbedBrowser sample application;
3. Load https://angular.io/guide/webpack
4. Click the "=" button next to the address bar, then click "Debug UI";
5. Select the Engine and WebView from the Debug UI, then click "Show Developer Tools";

From the DevTools UI's Source View, we can see "webpack://" node and the source mapping seems to be working correctly (for example, you can open "inline.bf4bd364315b2fbfbf73.bundle.js" and you should see the unscrambled JavaScript code.

Can you try the above steps and see if it works for you?

Thanks!
asbolton
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:37:00 PM

Thanks a lot for checking that out. If I use the EO.WebBrowser.WebView.ShowDebugUI() function that the TabbedBrowser example is using, I am able to see the webpack source maps without a problem. When I set and use the Runtime.RemoteDebugPort it still doesn't work, but I think that is probably due to a limitation in the Chrome remote debugging protocol instead of EO.WebBrowser.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:40:04 PM

Hi,

Make sure you use TabbedBrowser sample application, not Google Chrome as your remote debug client. When you use Google Chrome as remote debug client, the server (EO.WebView) and the client (Google Chrome) are based on different versions of the Chromium engine and you can run into strange issues due to version mismatch.

Thanks!
asbolton
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:46:09 PM

Okay, thanks for the info, I will definitely use that moving forward. It does appear however that the source maps are still not available when using the TabbedBrowser as my remote debugging client. In any case, the DebugUI should be sufficient for my purposes.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:09:08 PM

No problem. Please feel free to let us know if you see any other issues.