Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

eo:Menu and container widths? Options
AndyKowal
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:31:59 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I created a web user control that has an eo:Menu control (horizontal orientation with submenus) and an image in a <table>. That control is inside of another user control which is finally inside of a master page. Eveything works fine when the browser is wider than a certain width. When I resize the browser to get a horizontal scroll bar to appear (there are some fixed width elements on the page) then hovering over the top level menu items seems to resize some container elements on the page and they shift position. When I move off of the top level menu the elements shift back to their original position.

This only happens when the eo:Menu has at least 2 levels. If I limit it to 1 level (no submenu) then the shifting does not happen.

I duplicated the same problem using the MSDN template to be sure is was not my CSS causing the problem.

Thank you for your help.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:01:52 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

It shouldn't have anything to do with your .css on the menu itself but it may have to do with your other page contents. You can take a look of this page and see if the same problem occurs:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Menu

If the problem does not occurs, you can try to comment out other contents in your page block by block to see if you can spot the offending part.

Thanks