Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

HOWTO Use Angular with EO.WebBrowser Options
JSB
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:32:09 AM
Groups: Member

This is really more of a "What are the Best Practices" for using the EO.WebBrowser with Angular, than a "HOWTO".
This said, is there any good samples, and documentation dedicated to using Angular with Angular?
The theory of course is that EO's WebBrowser would be just as happy with Angular as with jQuery, or any other HTML5 compliant JavaScript based logic, which Angular and jQuery both are derrived from.

But the above said, any direct samples would be much appreciated.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:31:23 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

There won't be any "best practice" for any web framework regarding EO.WebBrowser. EO.WebBrowser is based on the same source code of Google's Chromium browser engine. So you would use pretty much anything the same way you use with Google Chrome browser --- in fact if you run into any problems with your page, you should troubleshoot it with Google Chrome browser first. Only if you run into issues when EO.WebBrowser behaves differently than Google Chrome (which is possible since we do not support everything that Google Chrome supports) we will investigate.

Thanks!
JSB
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:48:56 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I have plugged in Angular on top of jQuery, which people say you should not do, but you can, and thank GOD it works, and it works in the EO WebBrowser. If this will help, I did so by simply stacking the includes as such:

<script src='jquery-1.11.4.js'></script>
<script src='jquery-1.11.4.ui.js'></script>
<script src='angular-1.6.5.min.js'></script>

If you do above, the "$" for jQuery works exactly the same (THANK GOD), in EO.WebBrowser, and Edge so far.
And when I say this, I mean even things like jQuery's dialog and $(document).ready(function() work great.

I'm just starting on Angular, and if I learn anything alarming, I'll be sure to come back to share.