Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Dynamic TabStrip Options
Ryan Clark
Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2008 7:27:55 PM
Groups: Member

I've been using the tabstrip control for quite a while now and it's working very well. Thanks for such a great tool. Now that we're moving forward with the website, we've encountered a challenge to create a tabstrip that can be defined by our users (sort of). Basically, to start this topic, I want to be able to build the tabstrip based on a list of values in a "tabstrip" database table.

For example, if my table had the values: tab1, tab2, tab3 I would like to see 3 tabs pop up on their page. I'm sure you catch my drift.

Is this possible? I've tried to look through the support forum and didn't find anything meaningful. I'm hoping I'm just overlooking the solution.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ryan
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2008 7:34:39 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Ryan,

Yes. You would need to go over the data binding section in the documentation:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=MenuCommon%2fDataBinding%2fDataBinding_overview.html

The documentation is mostly based on menu, it is technically exact the same for TabStrip, except for in reality it's usually a lot easier for TabStrip because most of the time you do not need to worry about hierarchical structures, since most TabStrip does not have child tabs.

Thanks
Ryan Clark
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2008 4:28:00 AM
Groups: Member

Perfect. Thanks. I'll review and let you know if I have any more questions.

Ryan