Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

creating an image element on EOWebBrowser, src is updated but the image won't display. Options
mcontreras
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 6:22:16 PM
Groups: Member

Good day,

I'm using the EvalScript to run several "document.createElement" statements to populate a EOWebBrowser control, that's running on a C# desktop project

However using createElement('img') and then either setAttribute or document.getElementById(elementName).src = "myimage.png" is giving me just a blank space with no image displayed. I am appending the created image element to a <div> using appendChild and what I end up is a blank "placeholder". If I try to check the "html source" of the EOWebBrowser after running my scripts, I end up with valid html that I can paste on a blank txt and see the result I want, but I can't see it on my code project during runtime.

The image I want to see is located on my local computer.

Do I need to call some additional method of the browser to re-render the control? Is there a limitation when using createElement?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:47:30 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You can use the built-in debugger feature to debug your script. You can either use the remote debugger feature as outlined here:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/webbrowser/advanced/remote_debug.aspx

Or if you use our TabbedBrowser sample application, you can click the menu button and then select "Show Debug UI" from the drop down menu.

Thanks!
mcontreras
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:36:23 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I was able to get this to work. It was an issue with the relative paths and no prior URL set to the controller for finding local images. I set the URL of the control to a blank html and I was able to get this to work. Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 3:19:51 PM
Groups: Administration

Great. Glad to see that you got it working!