Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Callback panel and Gridview - Bug Options
paulh74
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 8:31:20 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I cannot get an editable gridview control to work inside the callback panel when the callback panel is inside another call back panel (i.e. as per the sample project "EOWebDemo").

To demonstrate this, inside the

EOWebDemo->Callback->Features->Client Event Handler->Demo.ascx

replace the DataGrid with an editable Gridview control. The error occurs when you try clicking edit or delete.

When an editable gridview is statically placed in a callback panel editing works fine.

paulh74
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:46:01 PM

Can someone from EO please confirm whether or not this is a bug. On the surface it does seem to be.

I need an answer soon (note: you've replied to all the more recent posts but not this one) . This issue is a deciding factor in my decision to purchase EO vs Telerik controls. I prefer EO at this stage, but cannot proceed unless this issue is sorted.

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:34:43 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Sorry about the delay. We didn't reply the post because we are still not able able to reproduce the problem. Our steps are:

1. Place an asp:GridView in the page;
2. Add an "edit, update cancel" column;
3. Edit the GridView's EmptyDataTemplate;
4. Handle the GridView's RowEditing event, inside that event set the GridView's EditIndex to e.NewEditIndex;

We then run the page and click "Edit", it puts the GridView into edit mode without any problem. This works with or without having the GridView set as a CallbackPanel trigger.

Would you mind to provide more detailed information on your steps/code? Once we can reproduce the error here, we should be able to provide either a fix or a workaround very quickly.

Thanks
paulh74
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:44:34 PM

The asp:GridView (below) doesn't have any server side events implemented, columns are auto generated.

You'll need to create your own asp:SqlDataSource.

Note: The issue only occurs when this is run within the demo code (i.e. CallbackPanel inside CallbackPanel). When this control is placed in a standard .aspx page, it works perfectly.

<%@ Register TagPrefix="eo" NameSpace="EO.Web" Assembly="EO.Web" %>
<%@ Control language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Demo.ascx.vb" Inherits="EO.Web.Demo.Demos.Callback.Features.Client_Event_Handler.Demo" %>

<p>
This sample demonstrates how to use client side event handler to further
control the callback process.
</p>
<eo:CallbackPanel runat="server" id="CallbackPanel1" Triggers="{ControlID:DataGrid1;Parameter:}" AutoDisableContent="True" >
<asp:GridView ID="DataGrid1" runat="server" BorderWidth="1px" BorderColor="Gainsboro" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" AllowPaging="True">
<Columns>
<asp:CommandField ShowDeleteButton="True" ShowEditButton="True" />
</Columns>
</asp:GridView>
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConflictDetection="CompareAllValues"

... (place your own database connection string, select, delete, update SQL statements here)

</asp:SqlDataSource>
</eo:CallbackPanel>
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:30:13 PM

Hi,

We tried the same and it still works fine here. We tested on 2007.2.25, which is the latest version available on our download page. Can you check your version?

Here are our steps:

1. Open the demo project with VS 2005 (VB), then open Demos/Callback/Features/Client Event Handler/Demo.ascx;
2. Clear all code behind as well as the existing CallbackPanel/DataGrid in the .ascx file;
3. Copy and past the CallbackPanel block as you posted;
4. Connect the SqlDataSource to the Northwind database of a local SQL Server 2000 instance. The SqlDataSource is setup as:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<asp:SqlDataSource 
    ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" 
    ConnectionString="Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=NorthWind;Integrated Security=True" 
ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" SelectCommand="SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName 
FROM Customers" UpdateCommand="UPDATE Customers SET CompanyName = @CompanyName 
WHERE (CustomerID = @CustomerID)">
</asp:SqlDataSource>

5. Run the page and it displays the table contents and we are able to edit and update fine.

Can you try the same and see if it works for you? Make sure to check your version number. The DLL version number would be 5.0.xx. For example, for 2007.2.25, the DLL version number would be 5.0.25.

Please let us know if the problem still persists. In that case it might have to do with your data contents. We have fixed a similar issue before where the CallbackPanel incorrectly encoded "&" in the datasource and it causes error. If that's the case, we can set up a web meeting to see the problem on your machine if you don't mind.

Thanks

paulh74
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:53:13 PM

Since rebooting and clearing internet cache I can no longer reproduce this problem.

There is however one, unrelated minor issue using a splitter within Firefox 2.0.0.11. The gray (I presume it's a div) while sliding displays off the page, vertically it's at the bottom of the page, horizontally it's to the left.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:01:31 PM

paulh74 wrote:
Since rebooting and clearing internet cache I can no longer reproduce this problem.

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if it occurs again.

paulh74 wrote:
There is however one, unrelated minor issue using a splitter within Firefox 2.0.0.11. The gray (I presume it's a div) while sliding displays off the page, vertically it's at the bottom of the page, horizontally it's to the left.

Yes. This is indeed an issue. We will try to fix it as soon as possible and hopefully to provide you a fix in a day or two.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:19:40 PM

Hi,

We have posted a new build that addressed the splitter on FireFox issue. Please see your private message for download location.

Thanks