Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

eo.webbrowser How to make each WebView use a different proxy, how to display the WebView without WebView without UI Options
boyyao
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2018 3:28:44 PM
Groups: Member

I want to use ThreadRunner.CreatWEbView to create 100, 1000 or more WebView without UI. And each WebView uses a different Proxy. But I saw in the documentation that the proxy is a property of engie. The engine can only be used here in EO.WebBrowser.ThreadRunner threadRunner = new EO.WebBrowser.ThreadRunner(engine1); Do I have other ways to achieve my goal?

In addition: I also want to let one or more WebView without UI objects display the UI at any time. For example, when the user wants to interact manually, I don't know if it can be implemented.

Finally, I am very sorry. English is not a native language. Borrowed google translation. There may be a problem with the grammar.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 5:12:18 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The number of engines you are planing to use won't work. For a typical browser, there is only one engine. If you have multiple users logged onto the same computer, each user will have their own engine. So you are talking about most of the time one engine, and some times several engines at the same time. So it is not practical for you to stretch this to 100s or even 1000s.

As to other questions:

1. You can change the Engine used by a WebView by setting its Engine property directly. You do not have to use ThreadRunner;
2. A WebView created by a ThreadRunner is always invisible --- in fact that's the purpose the ThreadRunner. If you plan to display the WebView to the user, then you should not use a ThreadRunner. You should create the WebView in your normal UI but hide it (for example, by setting it's coordination out of the view, or by setting the parent's control's Visible to false --- but make sure you do not destroy the parent window);

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you still have any more questions.

Thanks!

boyyao
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 11:22:34 PM
Groups: Member

Thank you very much for your answer. If I want to use different Proxy for different WebView in an engine, can I do it? Can another engine isolate cookie? like “ Don't track” .
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2018 10:59:33 AM
Groups: Administration

You can not. Proxy is set on Engine level, not on WebView level. So you can not have different WebViews inside the same Engine using different proxies. To use a different proxy, you must create a different Engine and then create new WebViews in that Engine. See here for more details:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/webbrowser/advanced/engine.aspx

Thanks