Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Need info EOPDF license Options
Balu Delhi
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 8:44:46 AM
Groups: Member

Hi Team,

We would like to purchase the EOPDF license and deploy for one of our customer, if in case they are not satisfied with the look or any compatibility issues then is there any return policy available.

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:59:45 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

To prevent fraudulent orders where user simply place an order online, get the license key information and then request a refund, we do not allow returns after you have accessed the license key information.

The best option for you is to download the trial version from our download page and evaluate it thoroughly before you purchase. Our trial version has no feature restrictions, so you can try out all features. In another word, if you use the trial version and it did not produce the desired result, then it is something else, not the license. If you run into any problems, we are also here to help.

Thanks
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 9:04:45 AM

I tried using trail version and implemented a sample application and client is impressed with the look of pdf and its performance.

Below are the issues I am facing, could you please suggest the fix which will help me to recommend my client to proceed for the license.

1. I agree the first call after hosting is taking few seconds extra to respond but when I keep the application idle for an hour again it is taking same extra time for the call.
2. When I keep the application idle over night and then in the morning the PDF conversion call is not responding, it is expecting to re-deploy application again. We are monitoring this issue from last one week. Please suggest.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 9:49:36 AM

Balu Delhi wrote:
I tried using trail version and implemented a sample application and client is impressed with the look of pdf and its performance.

Below are the issues I am facing, could you please suggest the fix which will help me to recommend my client to proceed for the license.

1. I agree the first call after hosting is taking few seconds extra to respond but when I keep the application idle for an hour again it is taking same extra time for the call.
2. When I keep the application idle over night and then in the morning the PDF conversion call is not responding, it is expecting to re-deploy application again. We are monitoring this issue from last one week. Please suggest.

The delay after idle is normal --- there are two level of "recycling" policy that can cause this. One level is your website application pool maybe recycled after it has been idle for a while. Another level is inside our library we would unload the engine if it has been idle for a while. So if you wish to keep the engine alive, you can run a timer in your code and call HtmlToPdf.ConverHtml("", new PdfDocument()) periodically to keep it alive.

We are not aware of any issue that causes the PDF conversion not responding. When that happens, does iisreset fix the problem?
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 9:58:14 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

For first issue, I would like to keep the library to active all the time, so whats the idle time span you are considering to unload the engine. So I will keep the timer to make a simple call to HTMLtoPDF.ConvertHtml. I dont think any impact with this on CPU or memory usage, please confirm if any.

Coming to the second issue, yes after IIS reset its getting resolved. I put another method in the same class without using EOPDF code, that is responding fine but not the EOPDF call. Looking like something not EOPDF library is not getting awake when it is idle overnight. Please suggest, this helps to close our issue.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 10:24:45 AM

Hi,

The engine idle time out is 10 minutes. So if you set it to below 10 minutes it should keep the engine alive.

As previously mentioned, we are not aware that EO.Pdf would hang if left idle over night. So we do not know what to tell you until we can investigate this issue further. Is it possible for you to leave the server in the hang state and provide us remote access to the server when this happens?

Thanks!
Balu Delhi
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 1:23:17 PM

Similar issue I found in your support tickets, what was the fix made after a day or 2 days idle to make it without redeploy

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/postst8772_Html-To-Pdf-On-Azure-Cloud-Services-Timeout-Issue.aspx
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2018 9:23:58 PM

That was due to an AppDomain unload issue and it was fixed a long time ago.