Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Can't test EO.Pdf Options
John
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 4:08:39 PM
Groups: Member

We have been using EO.Total 2013 for several years with no problems. We recently upgraded our servers from 2012 to 2016 so it appears we need to upgrade EO.Total to the latest version. I downloaded the latest version and attempted to test but I get this message -

"Convertion failed. Failed to resolve LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress"

Seems I should be getting a pdf doc with the watermark since we have not paid for the new software yet.

I tried using the old license key and also tried commenting out the license key in global.asax.

I suppose I need a new license key but I don't want to pay until I have tested successfully. What is the procedure for testing?

Anything else I should look at in my setup?

Thanks,
John
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 4:35:13 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Make sure you do NOT apply your old license key. If you do not apply the license key at all, it will proceed to the trial mode and add watermark. However if you apply the "wrong" license key, you will get an exception.

Please feel free to let us know if you still have any problems.

Thanks!
John
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:25:52 AM

I tried it with and without the old license key. Do I need to remove the old license key from the registry? Or some place other than global.asax?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:34:47 AM

Ah. It's my mistake. The error message was not caused by license. Please try to enable EO Worker process:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/common/eowp.aspx

If your application is a standalone application (not a web application), you can also simply copy eowp.exe from the installation folder to the same location as your main exe file. That will have the same effect as setting EnableEOWP in code. Note that this only works with the latest build. If you are trying any earlier build, you would need to set EnableEOWP explicitly in code.

To verify whether this option was correctly enabled, you can check the child process created by your application in task manager. If this option is not enabled, the child processes would be rundll32.exe, otherwise it will be eowp.exe or eowp.x.x.x.x.exe, where "x.x.x.x" should be the version of the DLL you use.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks!
John
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:55:19 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried adding this line of code but still get the same error message -
EO.Base.Runtime.EnableEOWP = true;

I tried adding the code in global.asax and also in my web service right before I called this line of code -
EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdf.ConvertHtml(Html, PathToFile);

Regards,
John
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:58:23 PM

Hi,

Please try to use task manager to verify whether it has been enabled correctly. If eowp.exe has been enabled correctly, you should see "eowp.exe" in your process list. You can also try to copy eowp.exe into your application's bin folder and see if it works for you. Make sure you restart IIS after you try that.

Thanks!
John
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:11:41 PM

I do not see eowp.exe in the task manager. I tried adding that file to my bin directory but it is still not in the process list. I restarted IIS. Still no go. What should I try next?

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3:44:24 PM

Setting EnableEOWP to true explicitly will guarantee eowp.exe --- if that does not work for you, then it's almost certain that the code that set EnableEOWP is not called, or is called too late. So you should check that. You should call it in your Global.asax inside Application_Start handler. You can easily test whether that code path is hit by explicitly throw an exception in your code, in that case if the code is hit, you will see an exception.

If that still does not resolve the issue, we will need to take a look of your system in order to determine the root cause. In that case we would need RDP access to your system in order to investigate further.
John
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:58:25 PM

You are absolutely correct. My Application_Start function is not firing. Looking for a solution to that now. I welcome any input you may have on this topic.

Thanks
John
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:45:16 PM

Ok. I verified that app_start is running. I set a break point at "EO.Base.Runtime.EnableEOWP = true;" in app_start and confirmed that the code executed.

I'm out of ideas. The machine I am working on is behind a firewall. Not sure if you can RDP in. Can we give it a try?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 4:26:21 PM

Sure. You can PM us the credentials we will be happy to see if we can connect.
John
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:08:30 PM

I figured out the problem. Dumb mistake on my part...

Seems that my web project was still referencing the old EO.Pdf rather than the new one. I originally cleared out all the old dlls and referenced the new ones but somehow the new EO.Pdf didn't go through. When I checked the referenced versions I realized what the problem was. Thanks for all your support on this.

I will purchase a new license. As I mentioned, we have been using the 2013 version for a while. Is there an license upgrade or do I have to pay the full price for the new license?

Thanks,
John
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:22:43 PM

Glad to hear that you found out the root of the problem. Unfortunately you will need to pay the full price in order to use the current version. We do provide upgrade discount for past purchases but the discount is based on how old your version is and it only goes back for 3 years. Your version is much older than 3 years so it does not qualify any upgrade discount. Sorry about it!