Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Problem with EO.Web Menu Builder Options
Happyoyster
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:44:10 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I recently downloaded the EO.Web Menu Builder, I follow the instructions for implementing the control on Microsoft Expression Web, I turned the .DLL into a GAC and stuff, but it seems that when I post the control in my webpage as <eo:Menu runat="server" id="Menu1"></eo:Menu> and switch to Desing mode, I receive the following error "Error Creating Control - Menu1 This control cannot be displayed because its TagPrefix is not registered in this Web Form.", so what I'm doing wrong or what to do to fix this problem?

Thank you for your time and support!!!.

Happyoyster
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:58:07 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Open your Web Form first, then go to View -> ToolBox to display the toolbox. Check whether you have a tab called "EO.Web" in your toolbox. If you do have them, all you need to do is to drag our controls off there to your form. You don't even need to put it it GAC and all that.

If you do not see such a tab, you can either reinstall our controls to have the installer add them for you or to manually add them. You can find detailed instructions at here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=InstallationAndDeployment%2finstall.html

The instruction is based on Visual Studio 2003. But it should be very much the same for Visual Web Developer.

So the key is to try to add our controls into your toolbox first. Once they are in your toolbox, just drag them from the toolbox to your form.

Thanks
Happyoyster
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:00:16 PM
Groups: Member

Well, I'm intended to run the EO.Web Menu Builder for Microsoft Expression Web, but it seems that I need to do a more deep research about the GAC stuff into Expression Web, meanwhile, I'll run the EO.Web in Stand-Alone mode, if you can figure out why it's not integrating with MS Expression Web let me know, if I figure it out first I'll do a new post in this section with an answer.

Once again, thanx for your time and help!.

Happyoyster
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:51:37 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We are not exactly sure why it's not integrating with MS Expression for you. But we can set up a web meeting to help you to integrate. If that sounds like a good option to you please let us know what time is convenient for you, we can then setup a web meeting and connect to your machine remotely to help you set it up.

Thanks