Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Debugging EO clientside Options
PThompson
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:55:24 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble debugging my application client-side.

I have an application which uses the onbeforeunload and onunload events clientside to check for unsaved changes to the page. This process works ok if the users requests OK to loose the changes, but if they request to cancel and stay on the page I get a "Unknown Exception" error and the page breaks on the

eo_web.ashx page, which only contains

<%@ WebHandler Class="EO.Web.Runtime" %>

If I step into the next command it continues, but then generates the same alert to users to continue and the cycle repeats if cancel is selected

My page consists of a Page with EO tabstrips, multipages and pageviews. At the time of error, 2 tabs are populated both will callbackpanels on them.

I'm having problems debugging this. I have set the debug level to on in the Application_Start as
EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel = EO.Web.Consts.DebugLevel_On;

Are there any other configurations to assist me in debugging the problem which seems to point to EO.

I'd appreciate any assistance on this.

Thanks
PThompson
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2008 3:59:54 AM

Hi,

I meant EO menu instead of tabstrip. I've narrowed the problem down to the EO.Menu it only occurs when the page is navigated away using the menu items. Closing the windown or using the back button performs OK.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2008 7:34:48 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Can you create a small reproducing sample for us? We can debug it on our side to see what we can find.

Thanks
PThompson
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2008 7:45:20 AM

Hi

Yep, Here you go.

In red is a sample code which demonstrates the problem.

The code in green is the EO javascript that is stepped into when the error is fired.

Various forums point to the eval() in the EO Javascript

[code removed by admin]

eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2008 7:56:09 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You will want to use the menu's ClientSideOnItemClick handler to cancel navigating away from the menu. In your case, you would return false from your MenuClickHandler. An exception always occurs when you cancel it from onbeforeunload because there is no way for the menu to know that the navigation has been canceled, and it continues to execute JavaScript that was to be executed when not canceled, which causes the error.

Thanks
PThompson
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2008 8:16:36 AM

Aaaah!

Thanks you, can't see the wood for the trees. I applied that very same solution to a EO tabstrip.

Thanks again