Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Fullscreen problem Options
SteveL
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 4:18:15 PM
Groups: Member

Hi

I have been evaluating the web browser control and although I've found most things work exceptionally well I have one problem that I can't seem to solve. The problem occurs when entering into full screen mode inside web sites i.e. clicking on the full screen icon in say Netflix or BBC Iplayer. I am not trying to do the click programatically so it's not a user gesture required issue i.e. I am legitimately doing the required user gesture mouse click.

The windows does go full screen but is then not responsive at all - whatever video that is playing freezes on the first frame, and the full screen window won't accept any mouse or keyboard entry even though I do see the "Press ESC to exit...". The only way out of full screen is to ALT TAB back to by Visual Studio test project and kill the process. The problem is occurring identically on 3 different PC's and Chrome works fine when performing the same thing .

My test project is as simple as I can make it. The project is using Visual Studio 2019 and compiled under .NET4.8

Heres my Program.cs

static class Program
{
/// <summary>
/// The main entry point for the application.
/// </summary>
[STAThread]
static void Main()
{
Application.EnableVisualStyles();
Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);

EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.AllowProprietaryMediaFormats();
EO.WebEngine.Engine.Default.Options.AdditionalPluginsDirs = new string[] { @"D:\Widevine" };

Application.Run(new Test());
}

Here's the test WinForm

public partial class Test : Form
{
public Test()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
{

webControl1.WebView.LoadUrl("http://www.netflix.com");

base.OnLoad(e);
}
}

That's it!

The browser control is set to dock fill in the main form. All works fine within the WinForm window i.e. the WideVine DRM plug-in works as Netflix plays the movie without complaint. BBC Iplayer similarly shows the video output. The problem only occurs when full screen is selected in either site.

I have tried setting

EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.BypassUserGestureCheck = true;

to see if that had an effect but it made no difference.

Can you help?

Many thanks
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:12:00 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have confirmed this to be a bug on our end. This will be fixed in our next build. We will post here again as soon as the new build is available.

Thanks!
SteveL
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 4:59:58 AM
Groups: Member

Great thanks for the quick response and confirming the problem!

One other minor (for me) issue is that I can't get projects to successfully compile if the project is created as a new .NET Core 3.0 WinForm project. There is a complaint that references to System.Drawing.Drawing2D can't be resolved. This still happens if the project has a legitimate reference to a .NET Core 3.0 System.Drawing library added in via Nuget. The problem only appears when certain of your API's are referenced for example its ok if you create the control as an "offscreen" in a class library using the

ThreadRunner threadRunner = new ThreadRunner();
using (WebView webView = threadRunner.CreateWebView()) ....

method but isn't ok in a straightforward .NET Core 3.0 WinForms project.

Would be great to get this working too but the fullscreen one is priority for me.

Regards
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 9:59:07 AM

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into this and see what we can do.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 4:31:43 PM

Hi,

We have tested this with Visual Studio 2019 (16.3.2) we did not run into any problem. We explicitly created an GraphicsPath object (which is in System.Drawing.Drawing2D namespace) and it was successful. The object was loaded from System.Drawing.Common.dll.

Can you let us know which feature you were using that triggered the problem?

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 1:15:18 PM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that should address the full screen issue. You can download the new build from our download page. Please take a look and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!