Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:00:57 AM
Groups: Member

Environment:
ie7, .net 2.0, asp.net, c#, ajax

Control:
- EO.Web Version 5.0.35.2
- SliderMenu

Issue:
After I add items to a slider menu control dynamically, then navigate to another page, and click the browser back button, the slider menu control is no longer visible.

Reproduce:
On page one, I dynamically add items to a slider menu control. I click a button to navigate to another page. I click the browser back button and the slider menu control is not visible. if i hit refresh, it'll be viewable again.

Thanks for you help,
-MCore
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:24:32 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the forum. We tried the following steps and it seems to work fine:

1. Create a blank ASP.NET page and place a SlideMenu in it;
2. Right click the slide menu to bring up Slide Menu Builder, then choose "Phthalo_Green" template. This would give it styles but no items;
3. Handle the page's Page_Load event on the server side and use the following code to create one item:

Code: C#
EO.Web.NavigationItem item = SlideMenu1.Items.Add("test");
item.NavigateUrl = "http://www.google.com";

We then run the page and click the "test" item, it navigates to Google's home page, we then click back button and the slide menu displays fine.

We then run the page and click the "test" item, it navigates to Google's home page, we then click back button and the slide menu displays fine.

Can you try the same and see if it works for you? If it does work, then something in your page might be triggering the issue for you. In that case you can try to comment out your page content block by block to find out the triggering part. Once you know what triggered it, we should be able to make sense out of it.

If you already have a test page that can reproduce the error and does not rely on anything else (so that we can run it and see the problem), please post it and we will be happy to run it and see what we can find.

Thanks