Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Latest version faster Options
Graeme
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:45:45 PM
Groups: Member

Hi I use EO.webbrowser v 16.2.72

It's very slow when displaying google maps.

Does anyone know if the latest version is faster.

Also if I wanted to try it would I just overwrite the dll etc and presumably comment out my current license
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:41:11 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The best way for you to verify it is to try to run the latest version to find out. Both us and the Chromium team are constantly working to optimize the performance. However at the same time more and more features are being added to the browser engine constantly as well. So a newer version may not necessarily be faster. On the other hand, the latest version does have better GPU support, so that may give you a performance boost for your specific hardware.

When you test the new version, you can start with our TabbedBrowser sample application since this application does not have a lot of extra code that may negatively impact the performance.

Yes. When you try newer version you can just overwrite the DLLs and comment out your old license. However DLLs in the newer version is not one to one mapped to your version and you may need to change your reference. Please see here for more details on which DLL you should reference:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/common/refdll.aspx

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks!

Graeme
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 12:22:25 PM

Hi
Thanks for that, it was not easy to get the new version to work but your reference guide helped a lot.
Unfortunately the new version was slightly slower (I am accessing google route maps) The same enquiry on v16 took 3 s, on 19 4-5s

So I then was putting back the old version & I have had a nightmare. I've had to delete the whole form and recreate it but now I have an issue where the toolbox (visual studio 2019) only contains the new version (19). I only have 2016 referenced as below but the toolbox shows Webcontrol 19.2.91.0 only. Any idea how I sort this. I have tried resetting the rtoolbox

EO.BASE 16.2.72.0
EO.WEBBROWSER 16.2.72.0
EO.WEBENGINE 16.2.72.0
Graeme
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 12:33:21 PM

Fixed it. Had to delete the form again and then edit the toolbox to add the correct tools.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:13:46 PM
Groups: Administration

Great!