Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Change Pageview / TabStrip Item Options
Rory
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:32:14 PM
Groups: Member

Is there a way to change from one pageview to another programitically.

What I have is an eo.grid on a pageview. The pageview selection is from an eo.tabstrip. When the user selects a row in the grid I want to take the user to another pageview, (in the same multipage).

I can sucessfully do all I want, populate the other page datafields etc, but I cannot find a way to automatically change to the other pageview (or tabstrip item)

What I would like to do is to simulate the user clicking on the tabstrip to change the page, but can't find a way to do this,
eo_support
Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 5:55:00 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

There are two ways to do this. One way is to set your TabStrip's MultiPageID to the ID of the MultiPage, that way your TabStrip and MultiPage are bound together. The TabStrip will then automatically switch the PageViews in the MultiPage when clicked. It goes by index by default, for example, clicking the first Tab switches to the first PageView, clicking the second tab switches to the second PageView, etc. You can also set each TabItem's PageViewID to override this.

The second way is to switch with code. You can do it either from client side or server side. Here are the examples:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=TabStrip\_i2\_i0
http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=TabStrip\_i2\_i1

The full source code for the samples is available on your computer if you have installed our product. You can just load it with Visual Studio and play with it.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks