Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.Total 20.0.25 -Proxy problem Options
rainstuff
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 5:20:58 AM
Groups: Member

In EO.Total 20.0.25 can't connect through proxy. In previous version (EO.Total 19.2.91) all is ok
Tested on the same proxy.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 1:46:23 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Can you PM us the proxy settings so that we can check here?

Thanks!
rainstuff
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:11:50 AM

Sent a proxy in PM
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:33:28 AM

Thanks for the info. We have found a problem on our end. We will fix this issue and have a new build either tomorrow or Friday. You can try that build once it is out and see if it works for you.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 10:49:14 AM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that should resolve this issue. You can download the new build from our download page. Please take a look and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
rainstuff
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 8:46:33 AM

In new version 20.0.33 I still can't use a proxy. Now it loads sites directly, whithout a proxy. The proxy, that I send you is anonymous and IP must be changed after proxy setup. You can check current IP in https://whoer.net/
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 3:59:06 PM

Hi,

We did test build .33 here with the HTTPs proxy you provided and it is NOT an anonymous proxy. In fact if you modify TabbedBrowser sample application to use the proxy but provide the IP address and the port, when you load a page it will display a dialog to ask for user name and password. Are you sure you are using build .33?

Thanks!
rainstuff
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:00:40 AM

As I said - on version 2019 all works fine:
without proxy: https://i.postimg.cc/fWXK8Q31/Snap1.png
with proxy: https://i.postimg.cc/V6w61tRq/Snap2.png
Try to use FoxyProxy Extension for Firefox or Google Chrome - it shows same result.
EO.Total 20.0.33 in both cases it shows my real ip

EO.Total 20.0.25 - doesn't load anything with proxy
EO.Total 20.0.33 - load sites, but proxy not set
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 4:12:19 PM

Hi,

Are you trying to load a HTTP page while using an HTTPS proxy? In that case the proxy will be ignored since no HTTPS connection can be established for an HTTP only page.

We tested with our TabbedBrowser with this Url:

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

And it does show a different IP address when using the HTTPS proxy info you provided.

Thanks!
rainstuff
Posted: Monday, February 3, 2020 5:35:09 AM

I understand what the problem is. In previous versions of EO.Browser I can set proxy type HTTP or HTTPS and somehow it only works through a proxy. In the new version of EO.Webbrowser - it can connect whithout proxy if an incorrect proxy type is detected.
Is there a way to restrict connections without a proxy in the new version?
Thanx.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 3, 2020 9:56:38 AM

Hi,

We are not aware of such logic. In fact during our test, if we provide the wrong proxy information, we will get a "can not establish connection to proxy server" error.

Thanks!
rainstuff
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 1:27:12 AM

I've send you PM with code for tabbed browser. Proxy is set, but sites loads without proxy and no errors occured.
You can set port 24531 for HTTPS or 24532 for Socks5 - it doesn't matter.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:50:49 AM

You need to set Engine proxy before creating your MainWindow. For example, if you use TabbedBrowser sample application, you should set proxy in App.xaml.cs.
rainstuff
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2020 5:20:11 AM

Ok, is it possible to change proxy "on the fly" when Engine already started and Main Window is shown?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2020 1:44:54 PM

Hi,

We have looked into this more thoroughly and there is indeed an issue on our end. Chromium engine supports multiple proxy servers at the same time. For example, it is possible to use one proxy server for HTTP traffic and another proxy server for HTTPS traffic. There is also the notion of "fallback" proxy server in case the protocol specific proxy server does not work. On our end we only support a single proxy server, so all traffic, regardless the scheme, will go through that single proxy server. When you set proxy server through our API, we "translation" this single proxy server setting into the appropriate multiple proxy server configuration supported by Chromium. There is an issue in this translation process and it will be fixed in our next build.

We tested the fix on our end with both proxy settings you provided. Here are our findings:

1. The HTTPS proxy server you provided is in fact a HTTP proxy. So when you set ProxyInfo through our API, You must use "HTTP" type, not "HTTPS" type. If you use HTTPS type, you will get an unable to connect to proxy server error (it is possible that the proxy server only accepts HTTPs connection from certain IPs so you would not receive this error. Previously we did not receive this error due to the translation error mentioned above). The HTTP proxy does serve both HTTP and HTTPS traffic;

2. We are not able to test the SOCKS5 proxy you provided. We received error code "2" while trying to establish a SOCKS5 connection. Per SOCKS5 specification, error code 2 means "connection not allowed by ruleset":

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1928

This could again be related to specific IP addresses. If you can provide another SOCKS5 proxy we will be happy to test again.

We will reply here again once the new build is available.

Thanks!
rainstuff
Posted: Friday, February 7, 2020 2:30:29 AM

This is a known chrom issue - it does not support socks proxies with authorization, but simple socks proxies work fine. People who compile chromium sources say that there is no code for socks authorization in the chromium sources. It is very sad, because Firefox solved this problem and socks-proxy with authorization work fine. I know that this is a problem with the sources of chromium, but if you can fix it, that would be great.
I sent you a new proxy for testing in a PM.

Thanx!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, February 7, 2020 10:27:04 AM

Hi,

We get the same result with the new socks5 proxy. The HTTP proxy works fine.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to fix issues in Chromium's browser engine. This is an enormous project with over 30 million lines of code and numerous things are being "fixed" daily. So it is not practical for us trying to fix things there. We would be receiving hundreds of requests asking us fixing wide range of issues every day if we were to do that. Obviously that is beyond what we can do. As a result, we generally wait for the Chromium team fix it first.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:54:56 PM

Hello,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that fixed the proxy "translation" issue. You can download it from our download page and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!