Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Upgrading all my projects to the new version Options
DeanBlakely
Posted: Saturday, March 1, 2008 2:02:22 PM
Groups: Member

I have many asp.net websites, 1.1, 2.0, and 3.5 that are currently using 3.1 version of the controls. I want to maintain these sites forward with the new 2007.2 version. I suppose I need to (1) delete and re-add the toolbox on each of my Visual Studio versions, (2) replace all EO dll and license files everywhere with the new one and (3) rebuild each site.

Is that about it?
Thanks
Gary Blakely
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, March 1, 2008 2:11:03 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Most importantly you will need to update the project's reference, that's a piece of information in your project file which says "this project uses EO.Web.dll 3.1", without updating that even if you replaced the DLL, VS.NET will still complain about "can not find EO.Web.dll 3.1" because it still remembers it uses that version.

To update the reference, you will need to open your project, switch to the solution window, then expand "Reference", from there you can delete EO.Web.dll and then add the new one.

Thanks
DeanBlakely
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2008 9:17:09 AM
Groups: Member

Roger that, thanks.
I notice that it wants 3.1 removed from the machine first which means side-by-side is not possible which must mean no breaking changes are in 2007_2.
Thanks,
Gary
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2008 9:25:13 AM
Groups: Administration

Side by side is possible but not supported by the installer. It can be done manually and also can work on a production server (because there is no need to run the installer on the production server) . Neverthless, there should be no breaking changes from 3.1 onwards.