Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Chromium Cache Files Options
ThreeR
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 4:43:41 AM
Groups: Member

I'm spent a few days trying to track down how I can extract the local files stored in the cache folder, but it is outside of my usual bandwidth and outside of where the files are stored I have not had much success although I did find a third party application that did exactly what I want.

I have no idea how to covert the special characters in the index and data files to usable text for the correct f_ file. Any guidance on how to do it in VB or even C++ would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:07:09 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Unfortunately we won't be able to provide official support on such issues. These files are used internally by Chromium and you are not supposed to touch these files. Additionally, the internal structure of the files can change from version to version. Since the entire browser engine is open source, if you must you can review/debug the source code directly to find out what you need, but we are not in a position to provide any tech support on this nor any support for issues related to this.

Thanks!
ThreeR
Posted: Friday, February 7, 2020 3:18:33 AM
Groups: Member

Many, many web searches later I finally followed the correct bread crumbs to the answer. To save other people the same drama, here is the answer:

https://github.com/libyal/dtformats/blob/master/documentation/Chrome%20Cache%20file%20format.asciidoc