Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Dialog close button Options
Vaughan
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:58:06 AM
Groups: Member

How do I reference a button which comes in with the contentURL file, if I want to use that button as the CLOSE trigger?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 4:05:51 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

There is no built-in support for this. The ContentUrl is hosted by an iframe. So you would use whatever method you would normally use to communicate with elements inside an iframe to achieve that. The ID of the iframe used by the dialog is in the form of ClientID_iframe, where ClientID is the Dialog's ClientID value. For example, for a Dialog1 placed inside a Panel1, it's ClientID can be "Panel1_Dialog1", thus the iframe's ID would be "Panel1_Dialog1_iframe".

Thanks!
hunpirate
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2020 3:07:56 PM

I understand.

Let me rephrase the question, just to be sure.

I have an aspx page that I called from multiple places using IE's window.showModalDialog (popup) in the past. It worked fine until now because how window.showModalDialog works. It stops the java call until the modal window gets closed. As soon it was closed I was able to grab values from the "showModalDialog" to the very same java call and use the returned values on the caller page.

I'm in the quest of making our intranet application support more than one browsers, hence I have to replace all my "showModalDialog" calls. I'm trying to bring the aspx file into an EO.dialog (contenturl) , but I cannot address the caller page objects to display the values nor close the dialog from the popup.

I could bring over all the code from the aspx to the caller side, but than I would have to do that on all pages that calls that popup. I'm trying to have that code centralized for maintenance sake.

Any ideas? Maybe a different EO object could be utilized that I haven't thought of?

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

Computer Systems Manager, Lead Developer
Business Risk Partners, Inc.
Tel: 1-(860)-903-0039
eo_support
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2020 3:22:22 PM
Groups: Administration

This is why we redirect to the original answer in this thread ---- there is nothing built-in for this on our end. It's basically just cross frame JavaScript and you will need to use whatever cross frame mechanism available/preferable to you to communicate between the two frames. For example, you can call into the iframe from your parent frame, or you can call into the parent frame from the iframe. You will also be restricted by whatever cross frame policy enforced by the browser/website. For example, by default you can not do cross frame scripting at all if they are not from the same domain. Because cross frame scripting is a very generic JavaScript programming topic, we consider it out of the scope of our support. However if you search online you can find plenty of information about it.
hunpirate
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2020 3:23:55 PM

Thank you

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

Computer Systems Manager, Lead Developer
Business Risk Partners, Inc.
Tel: 1-(860)-903-0039