Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Windows 7 Child Process exits unexpectedly Options
James
Posted: Friday, November 6, 2020 12:05:48 PM
Groups: Member

I have a set of users on Windows 7, who use our software which is stable, other than the state of the EO WebBrowser.

since updating to 20.2.63 a number of those users have been unable to load any web browsers.
The browser engine will launch 2 processes, and 1 will immediately close, and no others will be created.

This leads to an exception, as follows;
Code:

EO.Internal.ssdn+nrpv: Child process exited unexpectedly.
   at EO.Internal.ssdn.llpl(Exception mhi, Boolean mhj)
   at EO.Internal.ssdn.llpk(srzp mhf)
   at EO.Internal.ssdn.llov(Boolean& mgc, ssdq[] mgd, String mge, String mgf)
   at EO.Internal.ssdn.afhm(ssdq[] mfz, String mga, String mgb)
   at EO.Internal.ssdo.afhm(String mlb, String mlc)
   at EO.Internal.basd.eejh()
   at EO.Internal.basd.gygj.rial()
   at EO.Internal.srzh.eslw(Action kpn)
   at EO.Internal.basd.dgxw(WindowsIdentity ga)
   at EO.WebEngine.Engine.Start(WindowsIdentity user)
   at EO.WebEngine.Engine.Start()

It looks like this issue is similar to the problem resolved in 20.2.19 however these users should be on 20.2.63

I've not been able to try getting these users on 20.2.90, however nothing in the patch notes for that version suggests it would fix the problem.
Any assistance that can be provided would be appreciated. If additional information is desired, let me know what you need and I'll do what I can to acquire it.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 6, 2020 2:53:50 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Please try to update to build .90. We did fix a buffer issue in .90 but we have not been able to explicitly confirm it would cause issues on Windows 7, so it did not show up in the change log. However in theory the buffer issue can cause a crash.

If the problem still occurs with build .90, you can try to use the newly added diagnostic log feature to collect diagnostic logs. You would need to add a code path like this:

Code: C#
EO.Base.Runtime.StartDiagnosticLog();

//Do something important

int nRecordId = EO.Base.Runtime.StopAndSaveDiagnosticLog();

This code will automatically collect detailed diagnostic log and send it to our server. You can then let us know the recordId and we will look into the log and see what we can find. Make sure you call StartDiagnosticLog before any of the child process is created since the internal "diagnostic flag" for child process are passed to the child process when it is being created.

Thanks!