Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

HtmlToPdf paths Options
Janice
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 4:59:03 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,
We upgraded from 19.1.95.0 to 21.1.85.0. In testing HtmlToPdf I have found that our paths to urls are not being recognized. What worked in v19 does not work in v21. We are finding that filesystem and http addresses are not working for both style links (for stylesheets in header sections) and for img src. I did find one changelog that looked like it might affect this, but it was for 19.1.95, which was the version that we were using, so not likely the cause. Is there something else that changed? Could you tell me how these kind of files are supposed to be now referenced?

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 12:36:28 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This maybe related to additional security checks implemented in the new browser engine. Specifically, you will not be able to access local files (local zone) from a page loaded off a HTTP/HTTPs url (internet zone). If this is the case, then obviously the best way to restructure your code so that this does not happen --- accessing local file from a page loaded off the Internet should never be allowed as this would be a serious security issue.

If this is not the case, please provide some details about exactly how you access the local files. Once we have more details we will be able to look into the code and see what we can find (We may eventually need a repro project from you).

Thanks!