Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

ASP control in Visual Studio 2019 Crashing Options
BPTech
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2021 8:31:04 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,
I have downloaded first time and Installed EO.Total.2021.1.93.0.x64 today , I am using VISUAL STUDIO 2019 With Framework 4.7.2 ,
I have created asp.net project where i am going to use EO.Web controls. But when i add control from toolbox to ASP page and click on Design Mode my project get crashed . tried restarting the Project and my computer but no sucess ,
Please let me know if i am missing anything here . as per document i have added rerefence of Dll from "C:\Program Files\Essential Objects\EO.Total 2021 " .

Please let me know how can get rid of this Issue?

Please let me know if you anything else from my side.

Thanks
BPKapil
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2021 4:43:05 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You can not use the x64 bit version together with Visual Studio's Web Form designer because Visual Studio itself is 32 bit. However we should display a proper error message instead of crashing. We will change this in our next build. For your case please switch to the 32 bit version.

For EO.Web there is no difference at runtime between the 32 bit version and 64 bit version because all the runtime code is .NET thus it can run on both mode. The design time support involves native code that can only run on 32 bit mode (because it runs inside Visual Studio and Visual Studio 2019 is 32 bit). So there is no benefit to use 64 bit version for EO.Web. The 64 bit version is mainly for other products that involves the native Chromium browser engine, specifically EO.Pdf and EO.WebBrowser product.

Thanks!
BPTech
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2021 11:57:05 PM
Groups: Member

Ok Thanks i will try and let you know.