Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Unrecognized tag prefix in VS 2008 Options
SEggington
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 3:51:51 PM

Groups: Member

I am experiencing an issue trying to get any of the EO controls to work in Visual Studio 2008. I am coding in VB.

Any time I add one of the EO controls I get an 'Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter 'eo'' error.

It is placing the Register Assembly in the header and the DLL in the /Bin folder.

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" title="Untitled Page" %>

<%@ Register assembly="EO.Web" namespace="EO.Web" tagprefix="eo" %>

I'm also getting Element is not supported '' on all your style callouts.

Any ideas?

Regards]

Brick wall
eo_support
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:30:00 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

That usually occurs when your project is on a network drive or a remote project, when Visual Studio fails to load our DLL due to remote DLL not receiving full-trust permissions. The easiest way to verify this is to run our demo project (by go to Start -> Program Files -> EO.Web Controls xxxx.x -> EO.Web Controls for ASP.NET 2.0 -> Live Demo Source Code) and see if you see the same problem.

If that is indeed the problem, you can either move the project to local or register our DLL into GAC, and then reference our DLL from GAC to receive full permission. This topic explained all the steps in detail:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=InstallationAndDeployment%2ffor_vs2005.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks