Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Unable to retrieve/populate RadioButton from a Group Options
PHOLAN
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 9:20:56 AM
Groups: Member

I have an existing PDF in which I created a Radio Group containing 2 radio buttons.
When I load all the fields from the PDF, the Radio Group does not seem to exist

This is my code:

Dim PDF_Document_Source As New EO.Pdf.PdfDocument("Application package_SOURCE.pdf")
Dim Group As EO.Pdf.PdfRadioButtonGroup = PDF_Document_Source.Fields("Group1")

But it turns out to be more interesting:
When I open the document using PDFElements from Wondershare or Nitro PRO, the Group1 is there.

When I export all the fields using EO to a text file (code below) the Group1 radio group is not there but also, it shows a Buch of other elements that I deleted using PDF Elements

For Each PDF_Field As EO.Pdf.PdfField In PDF_Document_Source.Fields
System.IO.File.AppendAllText(FileName, PDF_Field.Name & ControlChars.Tab & ControlChars.Tab & ControlChars.Tab & ControlChars.Tab & PDF_Field.ToString & ControlChars.CrLf)
Next

I have verified several times that I'm opening the same PDF file using PDFElements, PDF Nitro and EO
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 9:54:23 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Can you send your PDF file to us so that we can take a look? See here for more details:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2021 9:43:57 AM

Thank you very much for the test file. We have found the root of the problem. The issue will be resolved in our next build.

If you have a current license and needs an update sooner for production, please contact us through email and provide your order number, we will see if we can expedite the fix for you.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 1:56:32 PM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that should fix this issue. You can download the new build from our download page. Please take a look and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!