Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Webpage works in Sample Browser but not my winforms Options
Gerard
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2022 11:12:45 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I have a Winform application which has an option to open a side web browser which only display web pages we control which are our own web pages.

when I use the sample tabbed browser that comes in teh EO download, the web page functions correctly but when I use the Webcontrol in my winforms application, the page opens fine but it does not function properly. The page does use Java/Dom for some functions etc.

why does it work in the sample application but not my win forms application?

I tried both web view directly and the web control and both have the same issue.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2022 1:27:12 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The most important difference between the TabbBrowser sample application and your code is probably the event handlers as the TabbedBrowser sample application handled a number of WebView events. You can open MainWindow.xaml.cs and look for DetachPage/AttachPage function. You can comment out the code in these two functions to see if the problem occurs. If the problem occurs, then you can try to uncomment code in these two functions line by line to see if you can find which event triggers the difference. Usually as soon as you find out what triggered it the issue would be obvious. If this is the issue, you can add the corresponding event handler in your code.

The second important difference between TabbedBrowser sample application and your application is if you run TabbedBrowser sample application directly as is from the installation folder, it would use eowp.exe instead of rundll32.exe. See here for more information about eowp.exe:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/common/eowp

If this is the issue, the easiest solution is simply copy eowp.exe into the same directory as your application.

If none of the above works, then you can PM us a test Url and we will debug it here and see what we can find.

Thanks!
Gerard
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2022 1:56:00 PM
Groups: Member

hello,

thanks for the response. none of that solved the issue. this is the code I am using in my windows form (I removed the link to the web page for now). like I mentioned our web page has a button on there that a person presses which then does some back end Javascript/Dom stuff. the Sample browser handles it properly but the code below though.

namespace NuvanaSoftPhoneV2
{
public partial class ApplicationsPanel : Form
{
//EO.WebEngine.Engine.Default.Options.AllowProprietaryMediaFormats();

private EO.WebBrowser.WebView m_WebView = new EO.WebBrowser.WebView();

public ApplicationsPanel(NuvanaPhoneInterfaceForm m)
{
InitializeComponent();

}

private void ApplicationsPanel_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
EO.Base.Runtime.EnableEOWP = true;

//Initialize the WebView using the PictureBox's window handle
// m_WebView.Create(panel1.Handle);

//Load Google's home page into the WebView
m_WebView.Url = "Myweb form";

}
}
}
eo_support
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2022 2:05:46 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Your code looks fine. We will need the Url in order to investigate furhter. You can try to isolate the problem into a test project and then send the test project to us:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Thanks!