Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Support for HTML to PDF in .net core Options
Pintu
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 2:04:14 AM
Groups: Member

I am looking for a library to convert HTML to PDF and I came across EssentialPDF. Could you please clarify my doubts so that I can Integrate it into my application.

I am using .Netcore application, I am using JavaScript and also Charts. The deployment will be done on Google GCP. The export is for reports, it can be of records over 100K records.

HTML will be generated from JavaScript based on a HTML Template. Is there any performance concern in JavaScript execution?
Are there any specific limitations for JavaScript and Charts using HTML to PDF conversion?
Is there any specific security concern while using HTML to PDF conversion?
What are the possible performance issues or optimization measures for large records (over 100K) for HTML to PDF conversion?
Is there any specific support for Google GCP?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 10:53:20 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Our product is based on Google's Chromium browser engine. So it pretty much has the same capability/limitation as Google's Chrome browser. So for example, it will run JavaScript code and render Charts exactly the same way Google Chrome browser does. As such we do not see any problem there. Likewise, any performance concern you have with JavaScript with Google Chrome browser applies to us. So for example, if your JavaScript code uses a lot of memory when run in Google Chrome browser, then it will use a lot of memory when running inside our HTML to PDF conversion engine. To fix that you would need to fix the memory usage problem with Google Chrome browser first.

There is no fixed guidelines on performance optimization when converting large records because individual case various greatly. For example, a 100K records of pictures will consume a lot more memory than 100K records of text. Also if you render the text in table, it's going to have a much larger performance penalty than rendering them in simpler elements such as P or DIV. So exactly what to do to optimize not only depends on your number of records, but also what's in your records and your HTML structure for each records. Our recommendation is to use the most simple HTML format first, if that gives you good performance, then you can add the "fancy" stuff step by step. This way you will be able to find a good balance between performance and output quality.

There is nothing particular on Google GCP when it comes to our product except that you must use a Windows based system since our product only runs on Windows. You can use our product on .NET Core, but the underlying OS must be Windows. In another word, it won't run on .NET Core + Linux.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks!