Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

page layout using MultiPage and PageView Options
MAB
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 7:13:48 AM
Groups: Member

I have just downloaded your web controls and have begun playing with the tabStrip+Multipage+PgeView.

It works, however I have questions:
1. What is the preferred way to layout controla on a page? I have seen that people suggest not using a table to layout a page and use css instead. IF you reccommend css could you point me to a good example/template. The problem arises when I choose absolute position for controls on PageView2.

2. Can I layout my page in a separate aspx page and then have is loaded into a pageview?

Thanks.

MAB
eo_support
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 7:27:24 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We do not recommend using CSS over table just for the sake of "good code". CSS float on complex layout is notriously inconsistent between different browsers. But it does work beautifully on simple layout. So you should always use whatever works for you.

In any case if you want to load a separate .aspx inside an .aspx, you will have to use an iframe. The other option is to use user control. In all cases that involves dynamic control loading, regardless whether to use our controls or not, you must pay extra attention to view state because dynamically loaded controls are not automatically reloaded for you. You will find much discussion about that issue here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1179

Thanks