Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

progress bar render help Options
moisesdl
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:09:02 PM
Groups: Member

okay so i have a progress bar implemented thats tracking steps, this page calls itself (recursivly) populates some controls you check some options (radio button) then save .... updates the progress bar then calls itself gets the controls creates them and shows them and all over again over and over... my question lies here

when i do a initial load everything is normal, i select the controls i want and save, the save goes to the db the progress is updated, server.transfer(tomyself) is used then onload goes to the db gets the new set the new controls and is suposed to display them to the user with the updated progress and new controls, the problem is that the progress bar DOES update but nothing else on the page is updated, i debugged and realize i have all the proper information i need so no my logic for saving and getting the options is not off..... this is what the cycle looks like

onload
get controsl
create
populate
render
(user input)
pageload
getcontrols (old values still)
save to db, update progress
server.transfer
pageload
get controls (new)
display to use

here is some code

protected void OnProgressBarRunTask(object sender, EO.Web.ProgressTaskEventArgs e)
{
//if not validated, return
//otherwise, save to DB

if (nSelectedOfferId == 0)
{
GetNumberOfStepsCompleted()
e.UpdateProgress(GetCurrentStep(), "Please select an offer before proceeding to the next step");
}
else
{
SaveOfferSelection();
e.UpdateProgress(UpdateCurrentStep());
}

//postback to itself
// Server.Transfer("OfferSelector.aspx");

}

the html consists of placeholders static which are populated with radio buttons

even if its just a hunch any help i would appreciate thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:01:58 PM
Groups: Administration

Of course nothing else will update when the progress bar move! Otherwise you will have a very flashing page.

See this post for more details:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1234

Thanks
moisesdl
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 8:39:57 AM
Groups: Member

well i know how to do server tasks i have error messages showing up when they have to, but thats my whole point even the error messages dont show up when i postback.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 8:55:22 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The only thing special about ProgressBar is: everything else you do inside RunTask regarding UI/controls, except for e.UpdateProgress, is completely ignored. So as long as you not trying to display anything inside RunTask, they should just work fine.

If you display the message elsewhere (for example, in Page_Load) and it still does not display, then it should not have anything to do with the progress bar. You can try to debug the code by hiding or comment out the progress bar temporariry, or replace the progress bar with a button and then execute your task in the button's click event to find out what's wrong.

Hope this clears up.

Thanks