Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.Web.Runtime.AddLicense Doesn't Seem to Work Options
PFI Developers
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 9:41:40 AM
Groups: Member

I built a web application that has the tree view running on it.

When testing the application on my development box, the EO.Web.Runtime.AddLicense seems to do the trick. But when I host the web application inside MOSS (Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007), it shows the message to purchase the license.

If I put the .licx file in the bin folder, the message goes away. I can't leave the .licx file in the bin folder because this is a public facing website.

Any way anybody can help me out on this?

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 9:49:56 AM
Groups: Administration

That's very interesting. But you should be able to place the license file in the bin folder as long as you do not distribute it because by default access to .licx file over http is prohibited.
PFI Developers
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 10:44:26 AM

Is there any way to embed the license file instead? We are in a very secure environment that even license files should be encrypted or secured.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 10:51:54 AM

Hi,

There should be no difference between AddLicense and license file, in fact when the code sees a license file in bin directory, it calls AddLicense. A few scenarios that can trigger your issue:

1. You might be calling AddLicense in the wrong AppDomain. As a test, you can try to call AddLicense in Page_Load and see if it works;
2. You AddLicense might be passing different license information than the license file. For our earlier versions, you can create AddLicense code that are specifically bond to a given host name, thus AddLicense would only work for a certain give host, but the original license file works for any host. If that's the case, try log into your account, go to "License Code" tab and check whether you have the correct host name or "<Unrestricted>" host checked when creating license key;

Thanks
PFI Developers
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:24:21 AM

We just bought the license for the entire suite earlier this month and I don't see any reference for restricted license.

I tested placing the AddLicense on the page_load and that seemed to have fixed the problem.

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:31:11 AM

Hi,

The newer version does not have host binding keys. Only the old one has it. So your problem seems to be related to app domains. You might have applied the license to one app domain and the actual page is running in another app domain. Regardless you can always call AddLicense in your Page_Load. It's more cumbersome but does not really have much a performance impact.

Thanks