Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAXUploader - weird non-display issue Options
Hugh J. Hitchcock
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 7:40:25 PM
Groups: Member

Hi, I just purchased EO web controls because I was hoping to apply the AJAXUploader to an existing application. But I'm finding for some weird reason when I try to put the control into the existing page, it displays the upload button and the cancel button, but not the actual browse button or the text input for the filename to display when you browse for a file. This is so weird because I have the control working on another page all by itself with no problem, but when I put it in this page it it does not display its file input or browse button.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but in the page I am trying to place the control (ASP.NET C# aspx page) I am also trying to integrate the AjaxToolKit with asp panels. It doesn't matter if the EO control is inside or outside the panel, hoever, it always comes up sans file input, in this page. I was really hoping to integrate it quickly, now I am wondering if it is going to work at all.

many thanks in advance for any help!

-Hugh
eo_support
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 7:45:30 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

AJAXToolKit shouldn't matter. Those problems are often caused by your page layout and .CSS settings. So try to comment out those block by block and see if you can find the offending part. You can also try to place the Uploader at the beginning of the page and absolute position it (instead of flow positioning) and see if it helps.

Thanks
Hugh J. Hitchcock
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 7:48:32 PM

thanks for the quick reply, I removed the link tag for the css, that didn't work, I also went block by block, that didn't help... what would cause it to disappear?

Also I have tried putting that ASP panel at the top of the page and just leaving it there, the control is still invisible. ??
Hugh J. Hitchcock
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 8:01:05 PM

ok, I was able to get the control to show up in a modalPopupExtender panel, using the typical asp.net tags with an asp panel and an asp link button as the target control. However -- using this standard mechanism I discovered that the file input section of the AJAXUploader control does not show itself until I have clicked the panel open once, closed it, then clicked it open a SECOND time, at which point the AJAXUploader input does display properly.

this is strange, any ideas ??
eo_support
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 8:02:31 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Huge,

When there are two pages and one works but the other does not. There can only be two things:

1. The difference between the two pages. So try make the two page contain identical content and then see how it goes;

2. The environment in which these two page runs. Try to move the working page into your project and place it in the same directory as the non-working page and see how it goes. If the working page stops working, then it's your project. Very often this has to do with script permissions when your web application requires login. What happens is request to the JavaScript files are being rejected by your server because login issues. If that's the case, you can solve the problem by adding a location block on your web.config file to allow every one to access eo_web.ashx should fix the problem;

Let us know if the problem persists, in which case we can set up an online meeting to take a look tomorrow.

Thanks

Hugh J. Hitchcock
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 8:05:07 PM

thanks for the detailed reply, will do, please see my other comment which I posted about having to open the panel TWICE before seeing the input. Thanks :)