Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

CallbackPanel & Triggers Options
Bill Bosacker
Posted: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:08:55 PM
Groups: Member

I have a page with 3 CallbackPanels, two are for the search criteria (1 embedded) and the other is for search results. Using the ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanels in place of the CallbackPanels, I don't have any issue with triggers being used by more than one UpdatePanel, but with the CallbackPanels I have found that only the first CallbackPanel that has a trigger for a specific control, works. All the other triggers stop working, including those in other UpdatePanels. I switched to the CallbackPanels due to some features that I require.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around?

Thanks,
Bill
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:19:45 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Bill,

The default mode for our CallbackPanel and ASP.NET UpdatePanel is different. With our CallbackPanel, only the triggering CallbackPanel is updated by default. In order to update them all, you would need to use GroupName property to group them together.

Thanks
Bill Bosacker
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2008 8:35:13 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the quick reply. After playing around with it, I decided to go back to UpdatePanels for the time being. I like the additional features of the CallbackPanels, but what I really need is for them work just like UpdatePanels, but with the additional features. I'll probably revisit this a little later.

Thanks,
Bill
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2008 8:39:38 AM
Groups: Administration

Thanks for the update. Please feel free to let us know if you run into any other problems with our product.