Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

ASPXLabs 2.7 Compatibility with IE8 Options
Kenn Min Chong
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 1:45:21 PM
Groups: Member

Hi there!
With IE8 Beta out, I'm getting JS errors from IE8 which, when debugged, points to issues with the ASPXLabs 2.7 stuff I use in my page (which works fine in FFX3 and IE7). So, my question is:

1) Has the latest EO library been tested to work fine with IE8?
2) Should I not bother with asking for fixes for version 2.7 to make it compatible with IE8 and just go for an upgrade from version 2.7 to the latest if the latest is compatible?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:11:34 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Yes. We have been testing on IE 8 but even the latest will not work due to an IE 8 bug:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1174

We have reported this bug to MS and they have confirmed it is there bug and will be fixed.

We continue to provide technical support but will not be posting any new build for AspxLab Controls. So you would need to upgrade to the latest version. Make sure you try it out before you upgrade. The latest version's root name space is "EO.Web" instead of "AspxLab.WebControls". So they are not compatible. All newer versions released under "EO" name are back compatible with previous EO releases. There has been three major EO Releases: 3.x, 2007.1 (4.x) and 2007.2 (5.x).

Thanks