Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

How to determine if request is a callback without reference to a CallbackPanel Options
Code Monkey
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:15:14 AM
Groups: Member

I have a pre-existing project that I'm adding some functionality to. Things are going well with using the EO controls now, but I've run into a roadblock: Some parts of the business logic initiate a page change via Response.Redirect, and that is a problem when that happens during a callback from a CallbackPanel.

Now I've found that for in-page stuff I can use the .IsCallback property of a CallbackPanel on the page, but deep in the business logic class I have no reference to any CallbackPanel to check this.

It would be nice if the CallbackPanel could intercept the Request.Redirect and handle it correctly, but I realize that may not be possible.

Would it be possible to add a static method to the Callback class that can determine if the current request is a callback? Or is there another method to determining if the request is a callback?

Would a static version of CallbackPanel.Redirect also be possible? If .IsCallback and .Redirect were static that would be easier to integrate into more situations.

Thanks in advance.

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:20:27 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Try checking Request.Form["eo_cb_id"]. If that variable exists, then it's a callback from us.

Thanks
Code Monkey
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:25:27 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, thank you, that helps.