Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Title and Template Example question Options
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:09:53 AM
Groups: Member

Looking at the "Title and Template" example has raised a question that I have spend a few hours looking for the answer for. When clicking on the year link in the header to load the context menu to select different year the example has the year starting and showing 1980-1985 without having to hit the scroll down button. I would like to have the context menu contain a similar year range as your example but I would like the user to see the years closer to the 2000 range. So when the context menu window loads, the year range shown is further down the list. Is this possible?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:32:04 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I do not believe this is possible. The best workaround around is to use sub menus. For example, you have three top level menu items, one for 1980 - 1989, one for 1990 - 1999 and one for the 2000 range. That should make it easier for your user to navigate.

Thanks
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:39:00 AM

How do you create multiple top level items?
You are aware that I am talking about the calendar control "title and template" example right?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:49:32 AM

I understand you are talking about "Title and Footer Template" for the Calendar. The menu that you are seeing in the TitleTemplate is an EO.Web.ContextMenu. You would just right click it and select "Menu Builder" to edit its menu items.
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:58:07 AM

So how to I use the menu builder to create these other top levels that you mentioned earlier?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:20:19 AM

For that you should start with documentation for Menu. The following topics might be some good starting points:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=Menu%2fQuickStartGuide%2fguide_regular.html
http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=menucommon%2fmenubuilder.html

Please keep in mind that you are going into a totally new control (I assume that so far you have been only focusing on the Calendar). Our Menu is a very powerful but rather complicated control. So expect to spend some time with it if you do want to play with it. Otherwise it may not worth for you to go into it for the tiny improvement you are looking for on the Calendar.