Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Popup dialog control and custom control Options
Corobori
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2008 1:29:40 PM
Groups: Member

Is it possible to have a custom control doing a form registration including server side validation, db interaction in a popup dialog control ?

Actually I tried it and it pops-up fine but after clicking the "Register" button the control disappear and doesn't show neither the "Registration done" message nor the validation error I am expecting. I have to click on the button which is triggering the dialog control to see them.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2008 1:39:05 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You might want to take a look of ContentUrl property and InitialState property. By default the content of the dialog belongs to the same page as the dialog, so when you click "Register" the page posts back. The dialog automatically closes when the page posts back unless you set InitialState to other value. So when you click "Register", the page posts back -> dialog closes. That's why you do not see anything. In order to have it work the way you wanted, you would need to either stop the page from posting back, which ContentUrl can help; or re-display the dialog after it is closed, which is what InitialState does.

Thanks