Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Menu Cross Frame Issue Options
ROI.Solutions
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:16:52 AM
Groups: Member

I am using the plain menu builder not the slide menu. I have a Page that has a frame set in it. Top frame and bottom frame. The top frame contains my menu and when i set the Target Frame to "Bottom" the submenus work fine. However if i load a frame set in the bottom frame they stop working why is this? and is there a way around it. Sample code of my frame page

Code: HTML/ASPX
<!-- frames -->
<frameset cols="25%,*">
	<frame name="left" src="EMS_Search.aspx" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" scrolling="auto" frameborder="No" NoResize>
    <!-- frames -->
    <frameset rows="3%,*">
	    <frame name="top" src="EMS_Menu.aspx" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" scrolling="no" frameborder="No" Noresize>
        <frame name="bottom" src="" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" scrolling="auto" frameborder="yes" Noresize>
    </frameset>
</frameset>
ROI.Solutions
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:24:22 AM
Groups: Member

opps this was my new code i did for a work around. My old Code was this.

Code: HTML/ASPX
<frameset rows="25,*">
	<frame name="top" src="EMS_Menu.aspx" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" scrolling="no" frameborder="No">
    <frame name="bottom" src="EMS_ContentFrame.aspx" scrolling="auto" frameborder="yes">
</frameset>
eo_support
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:28:26 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Loren,

That won't work. A menu can never appear inside a frameset because by definition a frameset can only have child frames but nothing else.

The workaround is to use an iframe. Instead loading a frameset directly inside the target frame, you can load a place holder page, the page would be a normal HTML page with an iframe element, whose src is set to the frameset you want to load.

Thanks