Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Issue testing EO.Web Options
Frank
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2008 7:59:27 PM
Groups: Member

I'm still having a problem with EO.Web.

I'm running VISTA with Visual Studion 2008 and .NET 3.5.
I've downloaded EO.Web and installed it.
I added EO.Web.dll on my Toolbox and I see all the controls in the EO tab.

When I drag and drop the Grid control (or anyone else from the EO tab), the control comes on my ASPX and if I switch to "design", I can edit the grid and it's rows/colums/template.

When I switch to the code behind, there is no way to reference to my grid controd (ID=Grid1).
If I type "this.", I don't see "Grid1" in the intellisense and if I use it anyway, I then have a compile error.

Now, if I drag and drop any other object from any tab other than EO, everything works fine.
Any idea?
Please help.
Thanks,

Frank
eo_support
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2008 8:54:20 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Frank,

One more thing that you want to check is that if your project folder is on a network drive. When your project is on a network drive, EO.Web.dll doesn't get enough permission to be loaded because it is regarded as a "remote" DLL. The solution is to move the project to local drive, or place EO.Web.dll into GAC.

If the problem persists, please let us know what time you can be available for an online meeting with us. We will need you to share your screen to us in order to find out exactly what's causing the problem for you.

Thanks
Frank
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2008 9:21:09 PM
Groups: Member

Hi.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Right now my whole application is in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot... so it is local.
Sorry but what do you mean by GAC?
It is now 11:20 PM here. I don't know what time it is by you but I'm available for an online meeting if you are.
I just need to do some proof of concept and if everything works the way I hope, I need to buy your product ASAP and work this weekend.
Please, let me know.
Again, thank you for your time,

Frank
eo_support
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2008 9:27:34 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We've setup an online meeting for you. Please check your private messages ("Inbox" link on the top of the page) for the meeting link.

Thanks