Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Dragging Control onto page doesn't work Options
Max
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 4:40:32 PM
Groups: Member

I just installed the demo version of your product. I'm running MS Visual Studio 2003 and .Net Framework 1.1. All of your tools were added to my toolbox, but when I try to drag the Menu control onto the page, it doesn't do anything. None of the other controls work either. I've tried added them directly onto a .aspx page and also inside a User Control. Please help!
eo_support
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 5:58:18 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Is your project on a network drive?

Thanks
Max
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 6:06:14 PM

My files are located on my local drive, but the solution file is on a network drive. The way my work is setup, our "My Documents" folders are on a NAS. So "My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\" is on a network drive.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 6:16:39 PM

That is the problem. By default .NET does not grant full permission on files that is sitting on a network drive. So in this case EO.Web.dll does not have full permission to interact with Visual Studio IDE. The only solution to fix this issue is to grant EO.Web.dll the required permissions, and there are essentially two ways to do it:

1. Place our DLL into GAC, and then re-config your toolbox and project to reference the GACed version;

2. Move your project to a local drive;

Thanks
Max
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:11:42 PM

Is there an easy way to move the .sln file to my local drive. I'm not sure the proper way to do that. I'm rather not install the DLL into the GAC. I don't see where the configuration option is to specify where I can have the .sln file created.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:21:47 PM

I am not sure how to do that. But the following article might also be helpful. It does not change the project file location, rather it grants network drives full permission:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bs2bkwxc(VS.80).aspx

Note it's for .NET 2.0. So it can not be taken literally. Nevertheless, you may still want to try our controls on an "all local" machine to just make sure that it's not something else.

Thanks
Max
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:39:17 PM

That worked! Thank you very much for all your help!